Instructions for authors
Abstract submission for the Science and Youth Conference
The abstract should be limited to 250 words. Abbreviations in the title and in the abstract should be avoided. Abstracts should be written according to the following structure: Introduction, Aim, Materials and methods, Results and discussion, Conclusion. The abstract should be written in third person and should not contain figures or citations. At the same time, the abstract should present a well-written and comprehensive summary of the article. Between 2 and 5 key words (phrases) are added at the end of the abstract. Abstracts must be submitted in English. The authors indicate a preferred form of presentation. The organizers reserve the right to change it if necessary.
Requirements for oral presentation:
Presentations and e-posters can be presented in Bulgarian or English
1. Oral presentations: the duration of the presentation is 7 minutes and not more than 12 slides. The presentations must be informative and well-organized, following the general rules (not more than 8-10 lines of text on each slide, large enough font to be visible, not more than 2-3 font colors in the same slide). It is recommended to use the uploaded templates.
2. E-posters: the duration of the presentation is 4 minutes. E-posters are composed of one slide only! The basic emphasis should be on the results and conclusions from the research. It is recommended to use the uploaded templates.
The best scientific works in each session will be awarded and the authors will receive a diploma from the Rector of MU-Plovdiv.
Requirements for publication of the full text materials
Each abstract, approved for participation in the “Science and Youth” Conference provides its authors with the right to publish a full-text article. All conference materials (collections of abstracts and full-text articles) are published in English.
• The papers are submitted online to email@example.com. The file extension is .doc or .docx (A4 format).
• Deadline – 30.04.2023
• The authors are entirely responsible for the authenticity of the information they provide as well as for the style and punctuation of the script.
• The participants must provide the following contact information after the article: address, telephone number and e-mail.
Original articles: up to 6 pages (including tables, figures and the accompanying text). Maximum number of references in the bibliography is 20. Mandatory structure: Introduction, Aim, Material and methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion.
Reviews: up to 8 pages (including tables, figures and the accompanying text). Maximum number of references in the bibliography is 35. Mandatory structure: Introduction, Aim, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion.
Case reports: up to 4 pages (including tables, figures and the accompanying text). If photographs are used, the authors undertake to ensure that the identity of the reported patient will not be revealed! Maximum number of references in the bibliography is 15. Mandatory structure: Introduction, Actual presentation of the case, Discussion, Conclusion.
• File extension: *.doc or *.docx (MS Word 97-2003 or MS Word 2010);
• Font: Times New Roman or Calibri – 12 pt;
• Margins: top/bottom – 2.5 cm; left/right 3.15 cm;
• Line spacing: 1.5 lines
• The headline is not capitalized. Name and surname of the authors, affiliation (clinic/department, faculty, university, town) are indicated under the headline without abbreviations and titles
• Headline is placed under the illustration or above the table
• The page numbers must be indicated in the bottom right corner
• In the bibliography authors are listed by the order of citation
• Use Vancouver style for the bibliography list